Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Power of the Decanter

Shiraz is the kind of wine people love or hate. You either love its spiciness or hate it and associate it as a “heartburn wine”. Well, recently I bought the 2002 d’Arenberg McLaren Vale Shiraz to try with some BBQ. On the bottle it says “will benefit from aging or decanting”…so I decanted it for about 70 minutes because we tend to be on the “heartburn wine” side. I’ll tell you what-it was really great. You probably wouldn’t have been able to tell it’s a shiraz. It as almost Malbec-like. I don’t know if it’s the shiraz or the Power of the Decanter, which you should never underestimate.
But it was really good- I’d recommend it for $15 at Sams’s Club. I've also had a few other d'Arenberg wines and would recommend them as well. I like something about the label too...

No comments: