Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Kreativ, thankful, but blog-barren


Lucy recently awarded me with the Kreativ Blogger award. (Thanks Lucy!!) I’m supposed to list 6 things I’m thankful for and 6 blogs I stalk. This is actually a problem. While I casually read some blogs, other than Lucy’s, I don’t visit any daily or even weekly, which is a far cry from stalking. So please, if you’re someone who casually reads my blog, help me out. Share your top 2 or 3 faves, and perhaps they can become my favorites as well.

In the interim, 6 things I’m thankful for, in no particular order:

1. My wonderful husband. He appreciates my good qualities and knows all my faults, and loves me anyway. He puts up with my peccadillos and indulges my whims. I’m also very lucky a co-worker locked her keys in her car that day or else we wouldn’t be together.

2. My good friends. I’m blessed to have some really good friends, who also put up with my peccadillos and indulge my whims. They are often a good sounding board, from personal problems to work issues, and are there with a glass of wine to celebrate or to help cheer me up.

3. My good friends who are also handy and those who have handy husbands and “pimp them out”. This might be a specific item to the Luce Family, but after spending last night organizing our basement with shelves Mr. Luce helped Mr. Lush build, I think they deserve a double mention.

4. General good fortune. As mentioned in #2, friends are often there to help cheer me up. Well, thankfully, that’s not very often. I don’t know if its necessarily “good” fortune- it might be more of an absence of bad fortune, but it still counts and I’m thankful for it. I have had some really bad luck moments, but they are few and far between.

5. My health. I take horrible care of myself and still, I’m not sick. As noted in my post about my general absence of flu, I have generally good health. I don’t know if this will continue, but I swear every time I watch the TV show House I am thankful that I don’t have some crazy odd disease or condition, as well as just an average bad condition that could be managed with daily medication. Good genes, cosmic luck, whatever the cause, I'm just thankful I'm generally healthy.

6. My working situation. I’m currently working part time in a job I mostly like (really, that's all we can ask for) and I have a great boss. I’m so thankful that I even have a job while I’m in school, not to mention that this job pays relatively well, and that it’s also related to my field and to top it off, my boss is great and lets me work on things I want to and get additional career growth experiences that are so important. I’m also thankful I have identified what I want to do when I finish school and while I don’t expect to get my perfect job, I’m doing what I can to get as close as I can.
7. The fact I got to use "peccadillo". :)

1 comment:

LucyinStLou said...

Awww, a double mention? Thanks!