Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thrifty Gift Thursday: Personal Decanters

Even though I do love wine and wine accessories, I don’t have a lot of disposable income and thus don’t spend a lot of money on wine accessories. I’d rather buy a bottle of great of wine than to spend a $100 on an item to open, decant, or drink out of, so I deal shop and regisstered for a few neat things when we got married. Recently, I got a great deal on a decanter glass set and Mr. Lush gave me a very dirty look because we already have THREE decanters. I told him I wasn't sure if I was going to give it as a gift, but he still gave me the look and I realized I do get a tad bit carried away. I do so enjoy searching for good deals, but have issued a stop order on my wine accessory shopping through the end of the year. However, I know I’ll still run across some good deals and hopefully by sharing them with you, I can pretend its like I’m buying them. So, from now through the end of the year, I’m going to feature a thrifty gift for your wine loving friends, or something to buy yourself this holiday season. The gifts will be wine related and priced under (or around) $25. Disclaimer: there might be one that sneaks through that’s over the price range, but if so, it would be a spectacular deal or a really great gift idea.

First up are a set of 4 personal decanters for $20. Typically, I find WE stuff to be over priced, but wouldn’t these be great? Either to use as a personal decanter, or to just not clutter up the table with a big decanter that just a glass or so left in it.




1 comment:

LucyinStLou said...

What a great idea! I'm going to love Thrifty Gift Thursdays.