Friday, May 15, 2009

Chicken stuffed porta shrooms and sauv blanc

I’m sure you’re wondering what’s been going on – have I been having ANY good wines lately? Has every moment been dedicated to my trip? Really, the answer is yes to both – I HAVE had some good wines and nearly every moment HAS been decided to the trip planning. So its time for a much needed break on trip discussions and lets get back to good food and good wine, shall we?

The other night I made a stuffed mushroom dish – a very large stuffed mushroom, portabella mushroom to be exact. I threw the mushrooms in the oven for about 15 minutes at 350 and while they were cooking, I finely diced up chicken, sautéed it in Italian seasonings, mixed the chicken with some breadcrumbs and some Sargento Bistro Blends of mozzarella, basil, and sundried tomatoes. I mixed a bit of garlic alfredo sauce in the mix, stuffed it all into the mushrooms and baked them for another 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Topped with a smidge more alfredo sauce and served with the Niner Sauvignon Blanc (yes, there are actually ones I like). We served it with a nice spinach salad (both were good with the wine) and it was great. Now, this dish isn’t for the calorie counting folk, but it was delicious. Mr. Lush and I each ate one mushroom and split another one and he had the last one for lunch the next day and said it warmed up quite well.

No comments: