Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Roadtripping frustrations

In honor of the recent holiday weekend we, along with 50,000 other St. Louisians went down I-44 to a lake (we happened to go to Table Rock Lake). During the road trip I encountered some frustrations.

1) Cops. Yep, sorry Mr. D, just didn’t like your kind this weekend. They were everywhere – bridges, overpasses, on ramps, off ramps, and at bottoms of steep hills (I think that might be called a speed trap!). Yes, we know. Don’t speed on a holiday weekend- got it. For the love of god, between the holiday traffic and the on/off pouring showers I TRIED to go above 75 to pass someone who was going 65 in the fast lane of a 70mph zone and couldn’t do it. The last thing I need is everybody braking because they see a cop in the pouring rain. Grr.

2) MODOT. Just in general. First, why are you re-striping things on holiday weekends? Why are you putting “Be Prepared To Stop” signs in the middle of nowhere? Once again, just to cause panic slowdowns? Grr!

3) My frickin passenger side seatbelt. It ALWAYS, ALWAYS locks up on me. Does anyone else have this problem or am I just a fidget freak? It doesn’t happen on the driver’s side, but it does with the passenger side every stinkin time. Doesn’t matter if we’re braking, cruising, stopped, etc. The darn thing locks up the moment I move and never goes free again until I unbuckle it, let it go all the way up, then take it back out. WTF??

I will note though that Layla was a very good girl in the car. Pretty much slept the whole way there and the whole way back. Good puppy. Except for pooping while Mommy had you on the leash in the parking lot - you should've saved that for Daddy.

No comments: