Friday, October 17, 2008

Grab-n-go lunch options?

I shamefully admit something.... the Lush family is uber lazy when it comes to making lunches to take to work. We both have to be at work at 7:30 so we sleep in to the last possible minute, making the 3-5 minutes it might take to throw together a leftover lunch or put some lunchmeat between two slices of bread way too much work. That leads to me typically not bringing anything, because I can go out and get something but Mr. Lush is stuck at his job for his 30 minute lunch, so he has to bring something. Luckily, he's not a picky eater, however, MSG doesn't agree with him, so frozen dinners are pretty much out.
We are not planners like Lucy, so we don't think or make time to prepare a lunch in the evening, or if we do its far and few between. So he is left with grab-n-go options, remembering his work kitchen in pretty nonexistent- think dormroom.
However, luckily for us, more and more self-contained meals have been popping up. What a wonderful country, eh? See below for some frequent options in Mr. Lush's lunchbox, with a new addition we haven't tried yet-the Healthy Choice pasta. Before you feel too sorry for him, we usually do have fresh fruit on hand, as well as yogurt and relatively healthy breakfast bars, so its not like he's living on Easy Mac.
But, if you have any other options, please, do share.....perhaps I'm missing them.





3 comments:

LucyinStLou said...

I'm all about freezing soups to bring to work. (Or your famous chilli!) Otherwise, I'm not crazy about leftovers. I wish I were because I'd save a ton of money.

Cookie said...

Have you tried the Hormel Complete Meals? They don't require refrigeration and come in a LOT of good flavors. My favorite is the Beef Pot Roast, it's SO rich and comforting, especially now that the weather is getting colder. I don't feel sorry for Mr. Lush at all since I pretty much live on Convenience Food. :)

WineLush said...

Cookie-
Thanks for stopping by. No, we haven't tried those... I have to be careful about the MSG and so many of those meals have it, but I'll double check next time at the store and if its MSG-free, I'll pick it up and let you know what Mr. Lush thinks!