Friday, May 2, 2008

Play days, Buds, and napping tigers

Yesterday Mr. Lush and I had a play day. We went to the Zoo and saw lots of napping animals (good thing it’s a free zoo) and then went to a restaurant for a late lunch and had a margarita then to a wine shop, where we had a bottle of Lyeth Meritage. It was $17 (retail) and it was ok. Its really fruity, and had an almost cranberry juice type long finish. It did get better, but unless I had something that specifically called for a really fruity wine, I probably wouldn’t get it again. The winery website says it goes well with game but there’s enough wines in the $15-20 range that I like more.

After the wine shop, we went on a tour of the Anheuser Busch Brewery and found out something new….you don’t have to go on the whole tour to get to the hospitality room. (where you get the free beer) After the Clydesdales, about 10 minutes into the tour, they said “for those of you who don’t want to take the entire tour can go with John to the hospitality room.” WHAT? Since when did this happen? We ask, and they say its always been like that, they just don’t usually say it outloud. Hmm. Even though we took the tour anyway, it’s a neat tidbit to know. Then of course, after the tour we had the best Budweiser one could ever drink. There is no Bud like a “fresh at the brewery Bud”. I also had a Shock Top, which is a hefeweizen type beer. I don’t much care for it, because it tastes like it already has a lemon in it, and I don’t like lemon at all, much less in my hefe. Yes, I am an equal opportunity drinker. I don't discriminate against beer just because I like wine.

It was a fun day. Playing is so much more fun if its on the weekday. There’s something decadent about doing things on a weekday-it makes it seem more special.

1 comment:

LucyinStLou said...

You are so lucky! No play days for the Luces until vacation.