Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Duck, orange tea sauce and a Cal-Ital

Last night, I tried a new recipe- roasted duck with orange tea sauce. I was weary of the tea sauce, but it got really great reviews, so I tried it out. It was actually pretty good! Start by browning the skin of the duck, put in oven but keep the drippings. Stir in chicken broth, oj, 3 orange spiced black tea bags and reduce by half, and then stir in a bit of honey and butter. The sauce was a bit salty by itself, but tasted fantastic on the duck.

I read that duck goes well with Italian or Cal-ital wines, so we had it with the 2000 Pietra Santa Sassolino, which I’ve reviewed before. It was really great-the oak and tannins cut through the duck fat and it was just a fantastic meal.

Cheers to trying new recipes!

1 comment:

LucyinStLou said...

Wow, look at you Ms. Food Experimenter! It's a short step to veggies. I know it's coming!