Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My liver is smiling

One of my New Year’s Resolutions is to include more Liver Holidays into our routine. What’s a Liver Holiday? It’s a day completely off from drinking and it evidently has great health benefits - read Lucy’s post and it’ll explain it all.

Well, since I am an “equal opportunity drinker” and thus like beer, liquor AND wine, have a wine club, and of course have friends who I have a lot in common with (we often share the above), a true Liver Holiday rarely happens. A TWO DAY Liver Holiday even more rarely happens. Mr. Lush jokingly suggested that we shoot for 8-10 Liver Holidays a month-but we decided instead to just try to include them more in our lives, particularly after a heavy drinking weekend and see how that works out.

So I’m proud that so far in 2009, I’ve had three Liver Holidays. Two were back to back around the first week of the month and one was last night.

My liver is smiling.... well, sort of.

2 comments:

LucyinStLou said...

Good for you! You know what else is good for your liver? Brussel sprouts. Just sayin'.

WineLush said...

Lets not get carried away, Lucy.....