Saturday, April 25, 2009

Answer to a burning question

A bit ago, I posed the question:

Is it rude to stay at one Chateau and go visit another?
(To clarify, by Chateau, I mean a wine making Chateau that also operates as a B&B.)

Well, one would think it wouldn't be, as long as you buy wine from the Chateau you're staying at. However, I don't know for sure and have been trying to find an answer to this question. While researching a review on a lovely Chateau (which sadly is booked for the days we're there), I ran across a review that pretty much answered my question:

".....However, for those seeking a more catered or organized experience, I would encourage working with Catherine (the owner) to make reservations at some of the local vineyards.........along with a guide or driver. "

Which means the owner of this Chateau would make reservations for you to visit another. While I assumed this would be acceptable, I really wanted to make sure. I'm positive there will be things I do that are rude because I just don't know any better, but I'm trying to minimize the occurrences.

Ok, off to do more research!!! Hopefully I find another good deal that isn't already booked!

1 comment:

LucyinStLou said...

It sounds like you're in the clear! And you may even be able to get help to get into some usually unavailable places. Can't wait to hear about what you got to taste!