Sunday, April 19, 2009

Twilight (the movie)

As you know, over Christmas break I read the 4 books of the Twilight series. Oh, how hot Edward was in my head, even though I started the series so late that Robert Pattinson was on the cover. Well, I saw the movie over the weekend and I gotta say, yes, Robert Pattinson is hot.....however, he wasn't the model of perfection I had envisoned in my head. His nose reminds me of Peyton Manning a bit.

The hot-but-not-as-hot-as-I-imagined-Edward wasn't the only dissapointment. The movie, as expected, left out a few things and switched around a few things and thus wasn't as good as the book. And....the shimmering skin scene wasn't quite like I imagined it either, nor was Edward's family as beautiful as I imagined them to be, but then again I guess there's not a ton of hot pale skinned teenage actors to choose from. They also downplayed the sexual tension between Edward and Bella, which I guess I understand since it was for the pre-teens.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad I watched it. It was enjoyable plus a way for Mr. Lush to know about the series, since he probably won't be reading the books. It also prompted me to read the published draft of the first book from Edward's viewpoint this morning, which I enjoyed.

It just, as expected, fell short of the movie I played in my head while reading them.

No comments: